Summer Charcuterie Board Ideas to Spice Up Your Picnics
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy a delicious charcuterie board with friends and family. With so many delicious options, it can take time to decide what to include. That's why we've compiled a list of 16 Summer Charcuterie Board Ideas that will be a hit!
From unique meats and cheeses to flavorful fruits and vegetables, there's something for everyone on this list. So, create a mouth-watering charcuterie board that everyone will love!
16 Summer Charcuterie Board Ideas That Will Make Your Mouth Water
1. Seasonal Fruits and Veggies
Fresh seasonal fruits and veggies are a great way to add color and flavor to your typical charcuterie board.
- To start, consider adding some vibrant cherry tomatoes and crunchy cucumbers. For something a bit more creative, try making caprese skewers with mozzarella, basil, and olives.
- For something sweet, you can't go wrong with fresh summer berries and melon. Grilled stone fruit peaches and watermelon slices are also delicious additions to your summer board.
The possibilities are endless for adding seasonal fresh fruits and veggies!
2. Grilled Meats
When it comes to summer charcuterie boards, grilled meats are a must-have! Not only do they add a great flavor to the summer board, but they also provide some much-needed protein.
- For chicken, marinate it overnight in your favorite spices and sauces, then cook on the grill until it's cooked through.
- For beef, use an excellent cut of steak and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and herbs like rosemary and thyme.
- For fish, try grilled salmon with a light lemon sauce or grilled shrimp with a spicy Cajun rub. Serve the grilled meats alongside the other items on your summer charcuterie board, and watch as your guests enjoy every bite!
3. Caprese Skewers
Caprese skewers are a classic Italian dish that can be easily made and enjoyed as part of your simple summer charcuterie board.
- You only need fresh cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and fresh basil leaves.
- Thread the ingredients onto a skewer in alternating patterns and drizzle with olive oil. Serve them as-is or garnish with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
4. Cucumber Bites
Nothing screams summer like fresh produce, and one of the best ways to enjoy it is in the form of cucumber bites. This simple recipe can be a great addition to your gorgeous summer charcuterie board and will give your guests a refreshing snack.
- To make these bites, start by cutting thin slices of cucumber. Place them on a platter or plate and top each slice with a dollop of cream cheese, a sprinkle of herbs, and some smoked salmon if desired.
- For extra flavor, drizzle some balsamic glaze over the top. Serve them chilled for a light and crunchy treat that's sure to please!
5. Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
Nothing says summer like fresh, seasonal fruits. Try making strawberry shortcake kabobs for a fun and delicious twist on a classic summer dessert.
- Start by threading slices of strawberries, angel food cake cubes, and marshmallows onto skewers. Once assembled, lightly brush the kabobs with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Finally, toast the kabobs over medium-high heat until the marshmallows turn golden brown and the angel food cake is lightly toasted.
6. Cheeses and Honey Crostini
Cheeses are essential to any summer charcuterie board, and this one is no exception!
- To add a unique twist to your cheese board, consider making crostini topped with creamy goat cheese, savory blue cheese, and honey.
- You can create your recipe for this or use one you find online. For example, you can start with a whole wheat baguette cut into slices. Then spread the goat cheese on each slice and top with a small spoonful of blue cheese.
- Finally, drizzle each piece with a bit of honey. This will make a delicious snack that's sure to be a hit on your summer charcuterie board!
7. Antipasto Kabobs
Antipasto kabobs are a great way to enjoy a summer appetizer. These delicious treats combine various flavorful items such as cured meats, olives, cheeses, and fresh herbs for an irresistible combination. They are perfect for a summer BBQ or picnic.
- To make antipasto kabobs, cut up some cured meats into small cubes and thread them onto skewers with colorful olives, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and pepperoncini peppers.
- Then, add fresh herbs like oregano, basil, and parsley for a bright flavor. Finally, drizzle the skewers with your favorite balsamic glaze and serve. These delicious kabobs are perfect for summer entertaining!
8. Peach Salsa with Corn Chips
If you want a sweet and savory addition to your summer charcuterie board, look no further than peach salsa with corn chips! This delicious snack is a great way to incorporate seasonal fruit into your good charcuterie board for all your summer entertaining.
- You'll need peaches, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper for this recipe. To prepare the salsa, mix all ingredients in a bowl and let it sit for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
- Remember to pick up all the ingredients you need from your local grocery store for your summer charcuterie board!
9. Watermelon, Feta, and Mint Skewers
Watermelon, feta, and mint skewers are the perfect snack for a warm summer night. The refreshing combination of sweet watermelon, salty feta, and fresh mint makes for a delicious combination sure to please. Plus, these charcuterie boards are easy to make!
- You'll need ripe fresh watermelon, feta cheese, mint leaves, and toothpicks to make these tasty treats. Begin by cutting the watermelon into cubes and arranging them on a plate.
- Then take some toothpicks and thread one piece of feta cheese and one mint leaf onto each.
- Finally, skewer each watermelon cube with the toothpick and serve.
10. Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Bites
These Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Bites make for a perfect snack on a hot summer day.
- Start by cutting cherry tomatoes in half and spooning a mixture of mozzarella, basil, and olive oil over the top.
- Add some slices of your favorite summer fruits to each bite to make them even more refreshing. Serve these delicious bites with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, and you're sure to have a hit with friends and family!
11. Fruit Pizza
Fruit pizza is a delicious and easy way to enjoy summer flavors!
- Start with a pre-made pizza crust and spread on your favorite sauce. Then layer on your favorite fruits such as sliced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwis, and a stone fruit such as peaches.
- To make the pizza special, sprinkle on coconut flakes, chopped nuts, and mini chocolate chips. Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.
12. S'mores Kabobs
If you want a creative and fun way to enjoy s'mores this summer, these s'mores kabobs are the perfect solution!
- Start with pre-made mini graham cracker crusts, then layer on marshmallows, chocolate chips, and more. Then thread the kabobs on wooden skewers and roast them over an open flame for a few minutes until the marshmallows start to turn golden brown.
- Serve these warm with a cold glass of milk and have a delicious summer treat everyone will love!
13. Marinated Olives
Marinated olives are a great way to add flavor to your summer charcuterie board. Choose from various olives such as Kalamata, Sicilian, or Spanish for a unique and flavorful addition.
- To marinate the olives, mix one cup of olives with one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano, and basil.
- Add some garlic cloves, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and a squeeze of lemon juice for extra flavor. Allow the olives to marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Serve them on the board as a savory snack or use them to garnish other items.
14. Crackers and Bread
Crackers and bread are essential components of any charcuterie board. They provide a base for the other items and a delicious crunch! It is best to opt for lighter crackers or bread in the summertime.
- Rye or pumpernickel bread, whole wheat crackers, or even melba toast all make excellent choices. Add some variety to your charcuterie board by selecting different shapes and sizes of crackers and breads.
- For a unique summer twist, include some ripe fresh fruit-infused jams or jellies for a surprise.
15. Edible Flowers
Adding edible flowers to your summer charcuterie board is a great way to give it a unique, colorful, and fragrant look.
Edible flowers can add a burst of flavor and color to any dish. Not only do they look beautiful, but they can also add a subtle sweetness or an unexpected flavor to whatever they are paired with.
Some of the most popular edible flowers to use in summer are roses, lavender, pansies, chamomile, violets, calendula, and dianthus.
16. Dips and Sauces
Adding different sauces to your perfect charcuterie board will give your guests something delicious to dip their meat, fresh fruits, and vegetables in.
- One of our favorite sauces for a summer charcuterie board is fig jam. Its sweet and slightly tart flavor pairs beautifully with grilled meats and summer squash.
- Another popular choice for dips is hummus which adds a creamy texture to the board and goes excellent with breads and crackers.
Above all else, have fun with your summer charcuterie board! Experiment with different flavors and textures; feel free to switch things up as you go.
Snack-tastic Laughs: 20 Hilarious Charcuterie Boards
Spring into the Season with These Delicious Charcuterie Board Ideas
Hop Into Easter with These 13 Adorable Charcuterie Board Ideas